History buffs enjoy visiting Fiesole though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and parks. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Gallery of the Academy of Florence and Fortezza da Basso.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodation options in Fiesole
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Fiesole
Cultural venues in the city include Teatro Romano, San Francesco Monastery and Bandini Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Villa Medici, Fiesole Archaeological Site, and Villa Le Balze. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Convent of San Domenico and Vincigliata Castle.
In Florence, you'll find 58 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Belmond Villa San Michele - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Pensione Bencistà - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- FH55 Hotel Villa Fiesole - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Stadio Artemio Franchi, located 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Gallery of the Academy of Florence, which is 3 mi (4.9 km) away.
Getting around Fiesole
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Pian del Mugnone Station, Fiesole Caldine Station or Compiobbi Station. Fiesole might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Fiesole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Fiesole gets about 777.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 6°C