Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Aug 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Banff, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas and lakeside setting. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its local tours, shopping and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Cave and Basin National Historic Site, Upper Hot Springs and Mount Norquay Ski Resort. In Banff, there are 73 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Banff
Cultural venues in the city include Banff Park Museum, Canada House Gallery and Canadian Ski Museum West. The mountains, hiking trails and lakes highlight the city's natural beauty, and Cave and Basin National Historic Site, Upper Hot Springs and Banff Gondola are worth a visit. Top activities include skiing and taking a tour, while Banff Springs Golf Club and Mount Norquay Ski Resort are sights to visit.
Other top sights in Banff include Banff Lake Louise Tourism Bureau and Tunnel Mountain. One of the top places to see outside the city is Sunshine Village, 9.3 mi/14.9 km from the city centre.
Getting around Banff
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Banff Station. Banff might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Banff
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -13°C at night
- About 612.10 millimetres of rain falls on Banff each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -12°C