Visitors to Cochrane are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, spas and waterfalls. Top sights around the area include Canada Olympic Park and Calaway Park.
- You'll find 553 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Calgary
- The closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cochrane
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Big Hill Springs Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cochrane Arena and The Links of Glen Eagles.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cochrane. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Cochrane - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cochrane - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Bow River Inn - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Canada Olympic Park, located 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre, and McMahon Stadium, which is 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away.
Dressing for Cochrane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is -5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 1°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -15°C
- About 412.60 millimetres of rain falls on Cochrane each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -14°C