Guests are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountains and sunny weather in Sunshine. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its snowboarding, restaurants and sledding. A top attraction is Sunshine Village.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 75.3 mi (121.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sunshine
- Top activities include skiing and snowboarding, whereas Sunshine Village and Mount Norquay Ski Resort are top sights to visit
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and places to visit include Upper Hot Springs, Banff Gondola, and Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Staying in Sunshine
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy Sunshine Mountain Lodge.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Sunshine
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the nighttime average to be -14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -13°C at night
- Sunshine gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year