Visiting Lake Louise
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Lake Louise, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the mountains, hiking and skiing. Scenic landscape and welcoming, this lakefront city will also delight visitors with its glaciers, restaurants and sightseeing. A top attraction is Lake Louise Mountain Resort.
- There are 8 Lake Louise hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Calgary, AB (YYC-Calgary Intl.), 96 mi (154.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Lake Louise
- Skiing, sightseeing and canoeing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Lake Louise Mountain Resort, Helen Lake Trail, and Paradise Triple Chair
- The lakes, mountains and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Herbert Lake, Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse, and Moraine Lake
Getting around Lake Louise
There are many transport options in Lake Louise. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Lake Louise Station.
Staying in Lake Louise
With 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Louise, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 112 to GBP 225 per night.
For trips with large groups, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Inn
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may enjoy these highly rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows
- Baker Creek Mountain Resort
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Paradise Lodge & Bungalows with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating, whereas Baker Creek Mountain Resort and Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Lake Louise
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -14°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -12°C as the nighttime average
- Lake Louise gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year