Visiting Yelagin Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Yelagin Island has to offer including its museums. Top sights around the area include Peter and Paul Fortress, State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace and Palace Square.
- There are 2146 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg (LED-Pulkovo), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Yelagin Island
A favourite place to visit in the city is Yelagin Palace. In the area, you'll also find Peter and Paul Fortress and State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace.
As you start planning your visit to Yelagin Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 2046 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg is located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre. This 5-star hotel in St. Petersburg features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Our customers like its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Petro Palace Hotel is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in St. Petersburg can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
- Belmond Grand Hotel Europe is located within 3.9 mi (6.3 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in St. Petersburg can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Palace Square, located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city centre, and Summer Garden, which is 3.6 mi/5.8 km away.
Dressing for Yelagin Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is -4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 11°C and night-time averages of -11°C
- Yelagin Island gets about 604.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -12°C