Visiting Lyme Regis
Visitors to Lyme Regis are sure to enjoy the beaches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, theatres and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Lyme Regis Beach and Chesil Beach.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Lyme Regis
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyme Regis
Cultural venues in the city include Dinosaur Land, Lyme Regis Museum and Marine Theatre. Notable city landmarks like The Town Mill and Uplyme Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Lyme Regis Beach and Monmouth Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Lyme Regis. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Dower House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- HIX Townhouse - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and a rooftop terrace.
- Cobb Arms - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Chesil Beach, located 19.2 mi (30.8 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Lyme Regis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Lyme Regis is 26 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C