Visitors can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer including the rivers, art and monuments. The urban and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Akwesasne Mohawk Casino.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Cornwall
- The closest major airport is in Massena, NY (MSS-Massena Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 49.4 mi (79.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cornwall
Cultural venues in the city include Historic Cornwall Jail, Cornwall Community Museum and The Art Gallery (TAG) Cornwall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cornwall Square and Cornwall Civic Complex.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Cornwall. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Cornwall ON - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- First Canada Inns - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, 6.5 mi/10.4 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Cornwall
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cornwall Station. Cornwall might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cornwall
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -14°C
- About 888.10 millimetres of rain falls on Cornwall each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -14°C