Search Hotels in Barcelona
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Barcelona
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,039 area reviews)
Known for its stunning cathedral and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Gothic Quarter. Check out top attractions like La Rambla and Port Vell, and jump on the metro at Jaume I Station or Liceu Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,463 area reviews)
Known for its charming cafes and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Eixample. Check out top attractions like Casa Batllo and Passeig de Gracia, and jump on the metro at Passeig de Gracia Station or Diagonal Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(44 area reviews)
Barceloneta is a destination visitors seek out for its beaches, abundant dining options and seaside views. You might want to check out attractions like Barceloneta Beach or San Sebastian Beach while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
La Sagrada Familia
Walk in Gaudí’s footsteps by visiting his breathtaking temple, an impressive labor of love that started in the late 19th century and is still ongoing today.
4/5Very Good!(199 area reviews)
Enjoy the stunning beaches in Poblenou. Bogatell Beach is a worthwhile stop, and you can jump on the metro at Poblenou Station or Llacuna Station to see more of Barcelona.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Barcelona, and visitors give high marks for the interesting architecture, renowned art and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its monuments, cathedrals and shopping. Top sights in the city include Palau Guell, Gran Teatre del Liceu and La Rambla.
- There are 3088 hotels and other accommodation options in Barcelona
- The closest major airport is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 47.3 mi (76.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barcelona
Known for its art, museums and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Gran Teatre del Liceu, Palau de la Musica Catalana and Picasso Museum. Attractions like Barcelona Aquarium, Barcelona Zoo and Tibidabo Amusement Park are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its monuments, cathedrals and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Palau Guell, Barcelona Cathedral and Placa de Catalunya.
In Gava, you can choose from 3088 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Serras - This 5-star hotel in Gothic Quarter features a casino, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Masia Can Canyes & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this farm stay. With a stay at this 4-star farm house, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with a private pool.
- Masia Can Canal - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Other favourite sights in Barcelona include La Rambla, Boqueria Market and Port Vell. Top places to visit outside the city include Sitges Beachfront, located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city centre, and Calella Beach, which is 29.9 mi/48.2 km away.
Getting around Barcelona
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Barcelona is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Parc de Montjuic Station, Paral-lel Station and Liceu Station. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Barcelona Placa de Catalunya Station, Plaça de Catalunya Station or Barcelona Paseo de Gracia Station.
Dressing for Barcelona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Barcelona gets about 594 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Barcelona?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Barcelona, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Barcelona?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Barcelona?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Barcelona?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Barcelona?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Barcelona?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Barcelona?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Barcelona?
What's the best boutique hotel in Barcelona?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Barcelona?
Barcelona Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Barcelona by Star Rating
- Hotels near Barcelona Airports
- Areas of Barcelona
- Accommodation near Barcelona Attractions
- More accommodation types in Barcelona
- Choose Your Barcelona Hotel Style
- Search Barcelona Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Barcelona
- Hotels Near Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends