Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Wimborne, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and entertainment choices. Poole Harbour, Brownsea Island and Bournemouth Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Wimborne
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wimborne
Cultural venues in the city include Tivoli Theatre, Priest's House Museum and Garden and White Mill. The city is notable for landmarks like Wimborne Minster, Kingston Lacy House and Edmondsham House and Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Wimborne Model Town to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Wimborne. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Canford Crossing - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- La Fosse at Cranborne - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Les Bouviers Restaurant with Rooms - With a stay at this 5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to see around the area include Poole Harbour, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Bournemouth International Centre, which is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) away.
Dressing for Wimborne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- Wimborne gets about 785.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C