Travellers to Ferndown give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Bournemouth Beach, Poole Harbour and Brownsea Island.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Ferndown
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferndown
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Knoll Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Bournemouth Beach and Poole Harbour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Ferndown. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bridge House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Dudsbury Golf Club Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the bar and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and free breakfast.
Popular places to visit around the area include Bournemouth International Centre, 6.1 mi/9.9 km from the heart of the city, and Brownsea Island, which is 8.6 mi (13.9 km) away.
Dressing for Ferndown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Ferndown each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C