Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tewkesbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, riverfront and spas. Around the area, top sights include Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham Town Hall and Gloucester Cathedral.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Tewkesbury
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 36.6 mi (58.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tewkesbury
The city's cultural venues include Roses Theatre and Tewkesbury Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tewkesbury Abbey and Croft Farm Water Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Tewkesbury. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jessop House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Tally Ho Bed and Breakfast - Our customers love the helpful staff and high-quality beds at this B&B. Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Beckford Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Cheltenham Racecourse, 6.3 mi/10.2 km from the city centre, and Cheltenham Town Hall, which is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) away.
Getting around Tewkesbury
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ashchurch for Tewkesbury Station. Tewkesbury might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Tewkesbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 853.10 millimetres of rain falls on Tewkesbury each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C