Visitors can enjoy all that Winchcombe has to offer including the museums and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham Town Hall and Gloucester Cathedral.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Winchcombe
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 36 mi (57.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winchcombe
A couple of favourite places to visit are Sudeley Castle and Winchcombe Folk and Police Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cheltenham Racecourse and Cheltenham Town Hall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Winchcombe. This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The White Hart Inn - This 2.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Gloucester Cathedral, 13.2 mi/21.2 km from the heart of the city, and Gloucester Docks, which is 13.4 mi/21.6 km away.
Dressing for Winchcombe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Winchcombe each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C