Visiting Chipping Campden
History buffs will enjoy exploring Chipping Campden, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city will delight tourists with its bars, gardens and spas. Top sights around the area include Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Swan Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Chipping Campden
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chipping Campden
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chipping Campden Church of St James and St Eadburgha's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Hidcote Manor Garden, Dover's Hill and Kiftsgate Court Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Swan Theatre.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chipping Campden. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Classic Lodges - Charingworth Manor - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Noel Arms Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Royal Shakespeare Theatre, located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre, and Shakespeare Monument, which is 9.2 mi/14.7 km away.
Dressing for Chipping Campden
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 855 millimetres of rain falls on Chipping Campden each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C