Travellers to Bourton-on-the-Water give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Cosy and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its riverfront and cafes. Cheltenham Racecourse, Cotswold Wildlife Park and Cheltenham Town Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Bourton-on-the-Water
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bourton-on-the-Water
The city's cultural venues include Cotswold Motoring Museum and Bourton Model Railway Exhibition. Attractions like The Model Village, Birdland Park and Gardens and Dragonfly Maze are fun for kids of all ages. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cheltenham Racecourse and Cotswold Wildlife Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bourton-on-the-Water. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Lansdowne - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Broadlands Guest House - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi.
- The Dial House - This 5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Cheltenham Town Hall, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Bourton-on-the-Water
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 853.10 millimetres of rain falls on Bourton-on-the-Water each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C