Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Burford, which is also known for its gardens and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and churches. Top sights around the area include Blenheim Palace, Ashmolean Museum and Pitts Rivers Museum.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Burford
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Burford
A couple of favourite places to visit are Cotswold Wildlife Park and Tolsey Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Blenheim Palace and Ashmolean Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Burford. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bay Tree Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Lamb Inn - Our customers love the dining options and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Angel at Burford - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Pitts Rivers Museum, located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Oxford University Museum of Natural History, which is 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away.
Dressing for Burford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Burford gets about 853.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C