Visiting Upton upon Severn
Visitors to Upton upon Severn are sure to enjoy the riverfront and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and spas. Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham Town Hall and Gloucester Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Upton upon Severn
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 34 mi (54.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Upton upon Severn
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham Town Hall and Gloucester Cathedral. Additionally, in the area you'll find Gloucester Docks and Gloucester Quays.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Upton upon Severn. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Swan Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with digital TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Star Inn - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Wye Valley, located 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Upton upon Severn
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 853.10 millimetres of rain falls on Upton upon Severn each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C