Guests are sure to enjoy the island, restaurants and university in Swansea. Urban and welcoming, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its shopping and coffeehouses.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Swansea
- Popular family attractions include Coles River Family Fun Center, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and Fantasyland
- The island and rivers exemplify the area's natural beauty, and some places to consider are Roger Williams Park and Kennedy Plaza
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Brown University Bookstore, Westminster Arcade and Providence Place Mall
Staying in Swansea
You might love Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Swansea for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Swansea with a 4.1 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Swansea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Swansea is 1242 millimetres