Search Portsmouth Hotels, Newport
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 9 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 22 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 7 Aug 2017
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 5 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 30 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 6 Sep 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Portsmouth has to offer including the beaches, restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Naval War College Museum, Touro Synagogue and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum.
- You'll find 303 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 6.1 mi (9.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portsmouth
Favourite places to visit in the city include Green Animals Topiary Gardens, Newport Bridge and Escobar's Highland Farm. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Newport International Polo and Greenvale Vineyards.
As you start planning your visit to Portsmouth, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 422 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. These are local cities where you can stay nearby:
- There are 28 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bristol, and sights to visit include Hope Street and Blithewold Mansion Gardens and Arboretum
- There are 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Tiverton, and sights to visit include Fogland Beach Conservation Area and The Butterfly Zoo
- There are 88 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Middletown, and a top place worth a visit is Easton's Beach
Popular places to visit outside the city include Naval War College Museum, located 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Touro Synagogue, which is 8.2 mi/13.3 km away.
Dressing for Portsmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- About 1231.80 millimetres of rain falls on Portsmouth each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Portsmouth?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Portsmouth, will I receive a refund?
Portsmouth Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Portsmouth by Star Rating
- Hotels near Portsmouth Airports
- Areas of Portsmouth
- Accommodation near Portsmouth Attractions
- More accommodation types in Portsmouth
- Search Portsmouth Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Portsmouth
- Hotels Near Portsmouth, Newport
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends