Visiting Fall River
Visitors to Fall River are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, football games and theatres. Top sights around the area include Buttonwood Park Zoo, Roger Williams Park Zoo and Kennedy Plaza.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Fall River
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fall River
Cultural venues in the city include Battleship Cove, Little Theatre of Fall River and Fall River Historical Society. Notable city landmarks like Lafayette-Durfee House and USS Massachusetts might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Children's Museum of Greater Fall River and Narrows Center for the Arts.
As you plan your holiday to Fall River, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 67 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River is located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the heart of Fall River. This 2.5-star hotel in Fall River features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Lizzie Bordens Victorian Mansion is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from central Fall River. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Providence can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Taylor's Pharmacy Guesthouse - Your Home Away From Home in Southern New England is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the centre of Fall River. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newport can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Buttonwood Park Zoo, 10.9 mi/17.5 km from the city centre, and Roger Williams Park Zoo, which is 15.5 mi (25 km) away.
Dressing for Fall River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -5°C at night
- About 1321 millimetres of rain falls on Fall River each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C