Search Jamestown Hotels, Newport
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 8 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 3 Nov 2018
Reviewed on 5 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 1 Aug 2018
Reviewed on 9 Sep 2019
Where to stay in Jamestown
If you're spending some time in Fifth Ward, Fort Adams State Park and Thames Street are top sights worth seeing.
While there might not be top attractions in Shoreby Hill, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Fort Adams State Park and Thames Street.
If you're spending some time in The Dumplings, Fort Wetherill State Park and Fort Weatherill are top sights worth seeing.
Visitors can enjoy all that Jamestown has to offer including the seaside and parks. Around the area, top sights include Fort Adams State Park, Naval War College Museum and Touro Synagogue.
- You'll find 256 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 5.1 mi (8.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamestown
The city is notable for landmarks like Beavertail Lighthouse, Jamestown Windmill and Fort Weatherill. The city's natural beauty is on display at Head's Beach, Beavertail State Park and Conanicut Island Sanctuary. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jamestown and Newport Ferry and Watson Farm.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Jamestown. Here's a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Fort Adams State Park, located 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Naval War College Museum, which is 2.4 mi/3.8 km away.
Dressing for Jamestown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Jamestown gets about 1231.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Jamestown?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jamestown, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Jamestown?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Jamestown?
Jamestown Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Jamestown by Star Rating
- Hotels near Jamestown Airports
- Areas of Jamestown
- Accommodation near Jamestown Attractions
- More accommodation types in Jamestown
- Choose Your Jamestown Hotel Style
- Search Jamestown Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Jamestown
- Hotels Near Jamestown, Newport
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends