Visiting North Providence
Visitors can enjoy all that North Providence has to offer including the restaurants, shopping and sporting events. Twin River Casino, Rhode Island State Capitol Building and Kennedy Plaza are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 120 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Providence
Twin River Casino, Rhode Island State Capitol Building and Kennedy Plaza are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Roger Williams Park Zoo and Providence Place Mall.
As you plan your holiday to North Providence, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 115 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Omni Providence Hotel is located 3.6 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Providence can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Graduate Providence is 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Providence features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness centre and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hotel Providence is located within 3.8 mi (6.1 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Providence features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Dunkin Donuts Center, 3.6 mi/5.8 km from the heart of the city, and Rhode Island Convention Center, which is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) away.
Dressing for North Providence
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -5°C at night
- About 1199 millimetres of rain falls on North Providence each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C