Visiting East Greenwich
Visitors to East Greenwich are sure to enjoy the entertainment, restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and opera houses. Around the area, top sights include Roger Williams Park Zoo, Naval War College Museum and Kennedy Plaza.
- You'll find 118 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 6.2 mi (10 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Greenwich
The city's cultural venues include New England Wireless and Steam Museum and Varnum House Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Windmill Cottage, Armory of the Kentish Guards and Varnum Memorial Armory. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are C and L Stables and Briggs-Boesch Farm.
As you start planning your visit to East Greenwich, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 51 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of East Greenwich. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in East Greenwich can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Omni Providence Hotel is 13 mi (21 km) from central East Greenwich. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Providence can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the centre of East Greenwich. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newport can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Roger Williams Park Zoo, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the heart of the city, and Naval War College Museum, which is 12.8 mi (20.5 km) away.
Dressing for East Greenwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- Average annual rainfall for East Greenwich is 1199 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C