Search Hotels in Newport
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Newport
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Yachting Village, Thames Street and Newport Harbour are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Historic Hill, Old Stone Mill and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum are top sights worth seeing.
If you're spending some time in Fifth Ward, Fort Adams State Park and Thames Street are top sights worth seeing.
If you're spending some time in The Dumplings, Fort Wetherill State Park and Fort Weatherill are top sights worth seeing.
While there might not be top attractions in Shoreby Hill, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Fort Adams State Park and Thames Street.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Newport, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, local tours and top-notch restaurants. Top sights in the city include Touro Synagogue, International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum and Naval War College Museum.
- There are 258 hotels and other accommodation options in Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 8.9 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport
Cultural venues in the city include International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum, Naval War College Museum and Beechwood Mansion. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Touro Synagogue, Fort Adams State Park, and The Breakers. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Easton's Beach, Newport Harbour and King Park.
In Middletown, you can choose from 258 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Town & Tide Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Ocean Romance Dockside B and B Yacht Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other top sights in Newport include Rough Point and Newport Mansions. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Buttonwood Park Zoo, located 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city centre, and Roger Williams Park Zoo, which is 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1231 millimetres of rain falls on Newport each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Newport?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newport, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Newport?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Newport?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Newport?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Newport?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Newport?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Newport?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Newport?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Newport?
What's the best accommodation in Newport to learn about local history?
Newport Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Newport by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newport Airports
- Areas of Newport
- Accommodation near Newport Attractions
- More accommodation types in Newport
- Choose Your Newport Hotel Style
- Search Newport Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Newport
- Hotels Near Newport, Rhode Island
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends