Visitors to Fairhaven are sure to enjoy the restaurants and port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Buttonwood Park Zoo, Old Silver Beach and Edaville are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Fairhaven
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Plymouth, MA (PYM-Plymouth Municipal), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairhaven
Notable city landmarks like Fort Phoenix State Reservation and Unitarian Memorial Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Millicent Library and West Island.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Fairhaven. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Delano Homestead Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton New Bedford/Fairhaven - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Seaport Inn & Marina - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Buttonwood Park Zoo, 4.3 mi/7 km from the heart of the city, and Old Silver Beach, which is 11.8 mi (18.9 km) away.
Dressing for Fairhaven
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Fairhaven gets about 1321 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C