Only if you must!
First, the hotel in skiing season was inappropriately expensive, I would say approx. 3x the value. The evaluation therefore also considers the price paid.
If you get it for 70-80 USD (double queen) the hotel might still be of good value for a night in case you are not too picky when it comes to cleanliness.
Pros (therefore still 2 stars):
- friendlyness and helpfullness of staff
- quality of breakfast (regular fare, but slightly above average)
- our room was quiet (to the back of the hotel), but beware of the front side as it directly faces the I-70
- general condition: hotel is run-down and urgently needs a thorough renovation
- room (2 queen) was quite spacy, but old and ugly. Carpet was icky, the window curtain broke at first gentle handling, the aircon/heater was small and noisy with the thermostat not working (= indefinite heating).
- cleanliness was alarming: linen may have been washed (?), however, had stains and wrinkles as if someone had slept in there before; food remainders (an old burrito and an open can of beer) were still left inside the fridge
- amenities were almost non existent (though we got some more by the room maid and the reception)
If you have the choice then there are much better alternatives in the area.
Comment from Hotel Management
03-Feb-2017 by Front Desk Manager, Hotel Management
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We value your feedback and take all guest reviews very seriously. Thank you for your time.