Wilfred Manor is an expansive Grade I listed manor house, exceptionally restored to the finest standard of modern luxury, yet staying true to its long and prestigious history. King Charles I is in fact said to haunt the four acres of landscaped gardens, after he took refuge within the manor during the siege of Gloucester in 1643.
Each of the bedrooms have been given a unique theme that compliments the original 17th century architecture whilst offering spacious en-suits, exquisite furnishings. Each room offers a different perspective on the stunning landscape of the Cotswold Hills, including the woods above Slad Valley and the famous church spire of Painswick.
A sought after wedding venue, the manor house can sleep up to 22 guests with access to extensive facilities including a jacuzzi and sauna, whilst catered for by a team of passionate staff. The local area remains tranquil and picturesque, yet offers a wealth of traditional English country past times such as horse riding, shooting and hiking.
Wilfred House (8 rooms, 16 guests)
- King Charles (1st floor, super king size bed, en-suite bath & shower, space for z-bed) - Tempest (1st floor, double bed, en-suite shower, sink and WC) - Cleopatra (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower) - Romeo and Juliette (2nd floor, double bed, private bathroom accessed via a shared landing) - Julius Caesar (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower - Othello (2nd floor, accessed from 1st floor, king size bed, en-suite bath & shower) - Hamlet (outside, 2 storey, double bed, en-suite shower, space for sofa bed) - King Richard (outside, lower ground floor, double bed, en-suite shower)
Wilfred Court Side (3 rooms, 22 guests combined with Court House)
- King Arthur (1st floor, super king size bed, en-suite bath & shower) - Magical Merlin (2nd floor, double bed, en-suite shower, space for sofa bed) - Lady Guinevere (2nd floor, king size bed, en-suite shower)
- Family room (cosy lounge area, large flat screen TV, DVDs & coffee table books, fire) - Library (seating area, fire, books) - Great Room (large lounge area, large flat screen TV, fire, decorated for Christmas, desk workspace) - Snooker Room (upstairs games room with snooker table and equipment, flat screen TV, bar area)
- Kitchen (seating for 6 people, oven, gas hob, kettle, toaster, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, continental breakfast supplies are provided at the start of the stay, including cereals, bread, butter and preserves, milk, juices, tea and coffee) - Dining room (large oval table for 18 guests) - Restaurant (seating for up to 26 people, only used if we are providing the meal, additional charge, cooked breakfast can be provided here, additional charge, bar service can be provided, additional charge)
- To keep your bedroom’s spic and span during your stay, we provide 2 hours of housekeeping per day to refresh the rooms (tea & coffee, towels, etc.). The timing of this can be organised with us in advance to suit the needs of your stay.
Grounds & Facilities
- 4 acres of landscaped gardens - Equipment for croquet, cricket and badminton provided - Outdoor pool and Jacuzzi area (can be covered or not) - Gym (with treadmill, free-weights, flat screen TV)
- Weddings are subject to the discretion of Court House Manor, and are to be planned using our recommended wedding planner (included in the cost of hire) - Private exclusive hire entry way - Secure gated parking - Night porter for emergencies - Concierge service is available for an additional cost - Guests can arrange supermarket deliveries to stock fridges and bar (arranged before arrival) - Please be aware that when hiring only Wilfred House, Wilfred Court Side is run as a bed and breakfast - Please be aware that staff will be on site during exclusive hires
* Prices quoted in the rates tab are based on a self-catered stay. For a catered stay quoted please contact the Home Manager who will be happy to help.
* Please note that if you wish to have exclusive access to all of the rooms then you will need to pay the 22 person rate. Otherwise, guests in groups of 16 of less will have access to the following bedrooms only: - Othello- En-suite bath + shower - Tempest- En-suite shower - King Charles- En-suite bath + shower - Cleopatra- En-suite shower - Romeo and Juliet- Separate shower room - Julius Caesar- En-suite shower - King Richard- En-suite shower - Hamlet- En-suite shower (sofa bed x1 person)