Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Penrith, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and spas. Welcoming and relaxing, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its natural parks and shopping.
- Though not directly in Penrith, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 60.2 mi (96.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Penrith
- The lakeside, parks, and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Ullswater, St. Sunday Crag, and Aira Force
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Grasmere Garden Village is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Staying in Penrith
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like Patterdale Hotel, averaging GBP 154.54 per night. Patterdale Hotel, a 2-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.1 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Penrith
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July through September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 0°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Penrith each year