Visitors to Howtown are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Ullswater, Lake Windermere and Hill Top are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 1118 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Howtown
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Ullswater. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lake Windermere and Hill Top.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sharrow Bay - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to see around the area include Derwent Water, 11.2 mi/18.1 km from the heart of the city, and World of Beatrix Potter, which is 15 mi (24.1 km) away.
Dressing for Howtown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Howtown is 20 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C