Visiting Pooley Bridge
Visitors to Pooley Bridge are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, rivers and parks. Ullswater, Lake Windermere and Derwent Water are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Pooley Bridge
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 52.9 mi (85.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pooley Bridge
A favourite place to visit in the city is Ullswater. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lake Windermere and Derwent Water.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pooley Bridge. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Crown Inn at Pooley Bridge - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Dressing for Pooley Bridge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pooley Bridge is 20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 0°C