Hi and welcome to our Bungalow. This is our first full year renting out this lovely quiet and well equiped home. We decided to keep the price as low as we can, as we would rather have lots of lovely guests, than have our beautiful home empty. My sister, brother and I have tried to think of your every need and if we have missed anything, please let us know, we welcome your input. My sister took particular time and effort decorating the house and laying every brick herself until it was to her satisfaction. We hope you decide to stay with us in 2019.
This two-bedroom Bungalow has everything you would want, without the worry of bringing anything with you, leaving you to relax and enjoy your break or holiday. The property is situated on the edge of the small market town of Melksham. With its beautiful historic quarter, the Town Centre features St Michael and All Angel's Church, Canon Square and Church Walk. Nearby are the historic villages of Lacock and Castle Combe and the splendour of the Cotswolds. The friendly town centre is full of charming little shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants, so many you can eat different cuisines, daily. The town also has a gym, swimming pool, tourist information centre and parks, all within easy walking distance of the town centre. In fact, just a five-minute walk from the Bungalow will take you down to a playground by the River Avon.
Melksham is a central location with so many interesting and fun activities just a hop, skip and a jump away. A folder containing different activities and attractions will be at your fingertips, as well as a list of local eateries. Within minutes, you can be at a multitude of National Trust properties including Lacock Abbey (where parts of Harry Potter & Pride and Prejudice were filmed), Bath, just 10 miles away, where many movies and tv shows have been filmed including: Jane Austin’s Life, The Duchess, The Queen, Mistresses & The Night Watch, to name a few. Longleat House & Wildlife Park (fun for all the family) is just a short drive away. Castle Combe where Doctor Doolittle & Robin Hood were filmed, Stonehenge, Avebury, Westbury White Horse are all local. Bradford-on-Avon (Trail Bike & Canoe Hire), Cheddar Gorge & Wookey Hole and if you fancy a day at the seaside, Western-super-Mare and Burnham on Sea are just over an hour away.
The Bungalow has a beautiful garden full of bright happy flowers and plants and a cozy secluded patio, where you can sit by the fire pit, bar-b-que or just relax at the end of the day. Each room has been beautifully decorated and tastefully furnished. The house itself is bright and airy and the living room overlooks a beautifully tended garden. We have tried hard to cater to your every need, so upon your arrival, you will find necessities in the kitchen (Tea, Coffee, Sugar, Bread, Butter, Eggs & Milk). If you have any special requests, we can accommodate them. Furthermore, there will be a questionnaire we would love for you to complete, which will allow us to continually improve our property.
• The Living Room is tastefully furnished and has a Big Screen TV
• The kitchen has everything you will need, including; a coffee maker, electric kettle, electric cooktop & oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine (many of which are brand new).
• The utility room is equipped with a tumble dryer and a fridge-freezer for cold drinks and ice.
• The main bedroom is furnished with a King Size Bed (American Queen) and hypoallergenic duvet, tv/dvd player and it overlooks the courtyard/patio.
• The second bedroom has two small doubles, hypoallergenic duvets and its own tv/dvd player. It has views overlooking the front and side garden.
• The bathroom is fitted with a large walk in shower with hand rail, heated towel rail and bathroom products, including; towels, soap, shampoo & conditioner and hair dryer. A Shower Chair is also available upon request.
• We have installed Sky TV for all the televisions (3), Wi-Fi and a landline telephone in case your cell is not charged. A vast array of dvd’s, encompassing many genres, are available.
• The house is disabled friendly, but the dining area is through the kitchen and a wheelchair would be a tight squeeze. However, you can access the dining area by the back gate and patio
• There are plenty of outlets to plug in any electronics you bring and the sockets are compliant for people with disabilities. There will be converters available (EU, UK, USA)
• Parking is plentiful; if necessary you can park 4 vehicles.
• Pets are welcome with a cleaning deposit, should accidents happen.
o Pet Sitting should you wish to go for a meal or maybe a day shopping
• Smoking is not permitted inside of the house
• Chauffeur Service Available on request
• Area Supermarkets: Asda (Owned by Walmart), Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Aldi, Lidl and several Farm Shops. There is also a little Market held in the town centre every Tuesday.