Search Hotels in Lydney
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Lydney are sure to enjoy the forests and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights in the city include Forest of Dean and Wye Valley.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Lydney
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lydney
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the forests and such places to visit as Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Taurus Crafts and Wenchford Picnic Site.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lydney. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Fountain Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- The Woolaston Inn - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking.
- DeanGate Motel - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Thornbury Castle, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre, and Bristol Zoo, which is 18.5 mi/29.7 km away.
Getting around Lydney
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lydney Station. Lydney might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lydney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Lydney gets about 879.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C