Mount Cottage, Ashleys, Higher Tatham, Lancaster
Great accommodation in a lovely relaxing location of the UK. The owners have thought of everything. The kitchen is well equipped, beautiful new bathroom with lovely shower, bedroom adequate (bed could be comfier) Lounge kitchen really nice with big patio doors over looking the fields. So nice to see the mare and foal, geese, chickens cows, sheep and local friendly dogs. Amazing sunsets from the back patio to the west over Morecambe Bay! Every evening we watched these, while eating from our bbq and Playing cards. The chiminea was a welcome addition with the logs supplied.
We loved exploring the local area.
1. Walked the 4.5 mile Ingletons Waterfalls Trail; very impressive.
2. Cycled Settle Loop Bridleway taking in Malham Cove
3. Drove to Morecambe and had a lovely walk along the front. Photo with Eric Morecambe statue! It was lovely and a drive through Lancaster on the way back.
4. Cycled left out of the drive and towards Settle on the quiet roads turning back when got to A65; 20 miles total
5. Drove to Windermere parking up several times and walking along the lakeside. Drinks at Boaters Bar Bowness on Windermere. Then a Thai meal in Kendall on the drive back.
We had a great time x