Search Hotels in Lake Geneva
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Jan 2020
Where to stay in Lake Geneva
4/5Very Good!(111 area reviews)
Known for its panoramic lake views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Geneva. Check out top attractions like Notre Dame Basilica and Brunswick Monument, and jump on the metro at Cornavin Tram Stop or Mole Tram Stop to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(27 area reviews)
Noted for its shopping and lake views, there's plenty to explore in Les Eaux-Vives. Top attractions like Palazzo Geneva and Marionette Museum are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Amandolier Tram Stop or Roches Tram Stop to see more of the city.
Rues Basses - Old Town
Shopping, lake views and restaurants highlight some notable features of Rues Basses - Old Town. Make a stop by Flower Clock or Rue du Rhône while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Molard Tram Stop or Rive Tram Stop to get around town.
Visiting Lake Geneva
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lake Geneva, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Evian Casino, Evian Thermal Spa and International Olympic Committee.
- There are 282 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Geneva
Cultural venues in the city include Olympic Museum, Nest Museum and Marionette Museum. Attractions like Evian Thermal Spa, Swiss Vapeur Parc and Geneve Plage are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Freddie Mercury Statue, Jet d'Eau Fountain and Chateau de Chillon.
In Evian-les-Bains, you'll find 282 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel d'Angleterre Geneva - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Geneva can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Hôtel de La Cigogne - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Geneva Old Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hotel d'Allèves - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Geneva can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Lake Geneva include Evian Casino, International Olympic Committee and Flower Clock. Top places to see in the area include Lausanne Cathedral, 9.3 mi/14.9 km from the city centre, and Avoriaz Ski Resort, which is 19.6 mi/31.6 km away.
Getting around Lake Geneva
With so many choices for transport, exploring Lake Geneva is a breeze. You can access metro transport at Butini Tram Stop, Mole Tram Stop and Terrassiere Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Évian-les-Bains Station, Funiculaire de Thonon-les-Bains or Funiculaire de Thonon-les-Bains.
Dressing for Lake Geneva
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Lake Geneva gets about 856 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -1°C