Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Vevey, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside setting and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and museums. Freddie Mercury Statue, Olympic Museum and Lausanne Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Vevey
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vevey
A favourite place to visit in the city is Nest Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Freddie Mercury Statue and Olympic Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Vevey. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hotel du Lac Vevey - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Le Léman Hôtel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Astra Hotel Vevey - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit outside the city include Lausanne Cathedral, 10.8 mi/17.4 km from the heart of the city, and Aigle Castle, which is 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away.
Getting around Vevey
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Vevey Station. Vevey may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Vevey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Vevey gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C