Search Hotels in Montreux
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Montreux, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights around the area include Freddie Mercury Statue, Aigle Castle and Olympic Museum.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Montreux
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 25 mi (40.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 40.7 mi (65.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montreux
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Musee du Vieux Montreux and Swiss National Audiovisual Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Freddie Mercury Statue, Place du Marche, and Castle Chatelard. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montreux Casino and Montreux Convention Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Montreux. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic, Autograph Collection - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Montreux City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and room service.
- Golf Hotel Rene Capt - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Montreux City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Eurotel Montreux - This 4.5-star hotel in Montreux City Centre features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
Top places to see outside the city include Aigle Castle, 8.6 mi/13.9 km from the heart of the city, and Olympic Museum, which is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away.
Getting around Montreux
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Montreux Station, Montreux Chernex Station or Montreux Caux Station. Montreux may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Montreux
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 831.60 millimetres of rain falls on Montreux each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Montreux?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montreux, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Montreux?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Montreux?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Montreux?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Montreux?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Montreux?
What's the best hotel in Montreux to learn about local history?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Montreux?
Montreux Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Montreux by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montreux Airports
- Areas of Montreux
- Accommodation near Montreux Attractions
- More accommodation types in Montreux
- Choose Your Montreux Hotel Style
- Search Montreux Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Montreux
- Hotels Near Montreux, Canton of Vaud
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends