Search Hotels in Lake Maggiore
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Lake Maggiore
Travellers to Lake Maggiore give high marks for the lakeside setting and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes and local tours. Top sights in the city include Villa Taranto Botanical Garden, Isola Bella Botanical Garden and Borromeo Plaza.
- There are 974 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Maggiore
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 12.6 mi (20.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Maggiore
Cultural venues in the city include Rocca di Angera, Ferroviario del Verbano Museum and Hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso. Attractions like Stresa-Alpino-Mottarone Cable Car and Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Borromeo Plaza, Piazza Grande and Madonna del Sasso.
In Luino, you can choose from 974 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Garni Morettina - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Casa Arizzoli - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Hotel Pironi - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Other favourite sights in Lake Maggiore include Villa Taranto Botanical Garden, Isola Bella Botanical Garden and Lake Maggiore. Top places to visit outside the city include Sacred Mountain of the Rosary, located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Orta, which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away.
Getting around Lake Maggiore
With so many choices for transport, exploring Lake Maggiore is simple. Make your way to Colmegna Station for metro transport. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Porto Valtravaglia Station, Castelveccana Calde Station or Laveno Mombello FNM Station.
Dressing for Lake Maggiore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Lake Maggiore gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Lake Maggiore by Star Rating
- Areas of Lake Maggiore
- Accommodation near Lake Maggiore Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lake Maggiore
- Choose Your Lake Maggiore Hotel Style
- Search Lake Maggiore Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lake Maggiore
- Hotels Near Lake Maggiore, Europe
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends