Search Hotels in Italian Lakes
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Italian Lakes
Como City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(63 area reviews)
Como City Centre is popular for its panoramic lake views. Explore top sights like Como Cathedral and Piazza Cavour, and you can get around town on the metro at Como Nord Lago Station.
Desenzano del Garda City Centre
5/5Exceptional!(17 area reviews)
Desenzano del Garda City Centre is noteworthy for its lake views, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Desenzano Castle and Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Unique features of Old Town include the shopping and restaurants. Make a stop by Church of San Nicolo and San Severo or Monumento ai Marinai while you're exploring the area.
Peschiera del Garda City Centre
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Lake views and restaurants are notable features of Peschiera del Garda City Centre. You might consider stopping by Porta Brescia while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(7 area reviews)
While visiting Laveno, you might make a stop by sights like Laveno Mombello Ferry Terminal and Villa De Angeli Frua.
Visiting Italian Lakes
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Italian Lakes, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its shopping and mountain views. Top sights in the city include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 6809 hotels and other accommodation options in Italian Lakes
- The closest major airport is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (LIN-Linate), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Italian Lakes
Cultural venues in the city include Volta Temple (Tempio Voltiano), Scaliger Castle and Castello di Vezio. Families come for attractions such as Movieland, Canevaworld - Aqua Paradise and Gardaland. The city is notable for landmarks like Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta and Villa del Balbianello.
In Como, there are 6809 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Della Musica - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Villa Très Jolie - Our customers like the breakfast and walkable location at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Palazzo Albricci Peregrini - With a stay at this guesthouse in Como City Centre, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and spa services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Italian Lakes include Cathedral of Como, Villa Olmo and Lake Lugano. Outside the city, top places to visit include Palazzo della Ragione, located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city centre, and Piazza Vecchia, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Getting around Italian Lakes
With so many transport options, exploring all of Italian Lakes is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Lecco Maggianico Station, Como Nord Lago Station and Induno Olona Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Calolziocorte Station, Vercurago San Girolamo Station or Lecco Station. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
More trip options
- Hotels in Italian Lakes by Star Rating
- Hotels near Italian Lakes Airports
- Areas of Italian Lakes
- Accommodation near Italian Lakes Attractions
- More accommodation types in Italian Lakes
- Choose Your Italian Lakes Hotel Style
- Search Italian Lakes Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Italian Lakes
- Hotels Near Italian Lakes, Italy
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends