Travellers to Bellagio give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants and shopping. Walkable and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, gardens and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 134 hotels and other accommodation options in Bellagio
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 17 mi (27.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bellagio
The city is notable for landmarks like Villa Melzi, San Giacomo Basilica and Villa Melzi Gardens. The lakes and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Villa Serbelloni, Branch of Lecco and La Punta Spartivento. Top activities include taking a ferry and taking a tour, while Bellagio Port is one place to visit.
In Varenna, you can choose from 134 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Centrale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Andirivieni Bellagio Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Belvedere - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Villa Carlotta, located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre, and Villa del Balbianello, which is 3.2 mi/5.1 km away.
Dressing for Bellagio
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Bellagio gets about 758.50 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C