Cadenabbia's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the boating, restaurants and tours. Relaxing and welcoming, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its bars, cafes and shopping.
- There are 10 Cadenabbia hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 15.8 mi (25.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cadenabbia
- Taking a ferry, boating and taking a tour are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Bellagio Port, Lierna Harbor, and Sentiero del Viandante
- Notable landmarks include Villa Carlotta, Villa Melzi, and Villa del Balbianello
- The natural setting of the lakes is picturesque, and places to visit include Al Puunt-Snack Beach Bar, Lido di Lenno, and Menaggio Beach
- Shopping is first class in the area, and FoxTown Factory Stores is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Getting around Cadenabbia
Cadenabbia has many options for getting around. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Cadenabbia
With 11 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Griante, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 86 to GBP 160 per night.
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for trips with large groups:
- Grand Hotel Cadenabbia
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Villa La Mirabella
- Alberghetto La Marianna
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Villa La Mirabella with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating, whereas Alberghetto La Marianna and Grand Hotel Cadenabbia are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Cadenabbia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Cadenabbia gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year