Visitors to Saanen are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountain views and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Freddie Mercury Statue, Aigle Castle and Adelboden Ski Resort.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Saanen
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 31.5 mi (50.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saanen
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and such places to visit as Gastlosen and Saanenmöser Pass. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Eggli Ski Resort, Gstaad Eggli Ski Lift and Gstaad Ski Resort are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Schonried Horneggli Ski Resort and Saanenmoser Hornberg Ski Resort.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Saanen. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Grand Chalet - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its walkable location.
- Le Grand Bellevue - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a free stocked minibar.
- The Alpina Gstaad - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Freddie Mercury Statue, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Aigle Castle, which is 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away.
Getting around Saanen
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Saanen Gstaad Station, Saanen Station or Saanen Schoenried Station. Saanen may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Saanen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Saanen gets about 802.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C