Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Jul 2020
Visiting Lake Constance
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lake Constance, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours and cafes. Top sights in the city include Mainau Island and Sealife Constance.
- There are 368 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Constance
- The closest major airport is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Constance
Cultural venues in the city include Graf-Zeppelin-Haus, Zeppelin Museum and Seebühne Bregenz. Attractions like Sealife Constance and Hard Beach are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Meersburg Castle, Basilika Birnau and Kloster Hegne.
In Meersburg, you'll find 368 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boutique-Hotel Adara - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Hotel Rebstock - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- JUCKERs Boutique-Hotel und Restaurant - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other top sights in Lake Constance include Mainau Island. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Swiss Science Center Technorama, 27.9 mi/44.8 km from the heart of the city, and Affenberg, which is 10.5 mi/17 km away.
Getting around Lake Constance
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Romanshorn Station, Friedrichshafen-Fischbach Station or Friedrichshafen Manzell Station. Lake Constance might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lake Constance
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 731.50 millimetres of rain falls on Lake Constance each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C