Travellers give high marks for the ski areas in Morzine, which is also known for its mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, hockey games and cocktail bars. Top sights in the city include Avoriaz Ski Resort and Les Gets Ski Resort.
- There are 380 hotels and other accommodation options in Morzine
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Morzine
Attractions like Aquariaz Water Park and Espace Aquatique are fun for everyone, not just kids. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Avoriaz Ski Resort, Les Gets Ski Resort and Les Prodains Gondola are favourite sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Morzine-Avoriaz Golf Club to your agenda.
In Les Gets, there are 380 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Loisirs Les Côtes, Résidence et Chalets - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hotel Le Samoyede - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Le Tremplin - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Flaine Ski Resort, located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Aigle Castle, which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Dressing for Morzine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Morzine each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C