Visitors to Avoriaz are sure to enjoy the skiing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, mountain views and spas. Top sights around the area include Avoriaz Ski Resort, Aigle Castle and Flaine Ski Resort.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodation options in Avoriaz
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Avoriaz
Skiing is a top activity, and Avoriaz Ski Resort is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Aquariaz Water Park to your agenda.
In Morzine, there are 147 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Résidence Pierre & Vacances Premium L'Amara is located in central Avoriaz. This 5-star residence in Morzine features a full-service spa, ski slopes and a free water park. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Résidence Pierre & Vacances Atria Crozats is located in the heart of Avoriaz. This 4-star residence in Morzine features ski slopes, 3 restaurants and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Résidence Pierre & Vacances Saskia Falaise is located within 0.1 mi (0.2 km) of the city centre. This 3-star residence in Morzine features ski slopes and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Aigle Castle, located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city centre, and Flaine Ski Resort, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Dressing for Avoriaz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Avoriaz gets about 848.10 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C