History buffs will enjoy exploring Annecy, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and festivals. Top sights in the city include Annecy Castle and Lake Annecy.
- There are 343 hotels and other accommodation options in Annecy
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 21.5 mi (34.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Annecy
The city's cultural venues include Musee-Chateau and Bonlieu Scène Nationale Annecy. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Annecy Castle, Palais de l Ile, and Notre-Dame-de-Liesse Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Lake Annecy.
In Annecy-le-Vieux, you can choose from 343 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Splendid Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Annecy Old Town features free WiFi, a bar and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel Les Terrasses - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free manager's reception, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel du Château Annecy - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Annecy Old Town can enjoy access to a terrace and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Montrottier Castle, 4.2 mi/6.7 km from the city centre, and Menthon Castle, which is 4.5 mi/7.2 km away.
Getting around Annecy
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Annecy Station or Pringy Station. Annecy may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Annecy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Annecy is 30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C