Search Hotels in Gran Canaria
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 Dec 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 30 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 24 Jul 2018
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Visiting Gran Canaria
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gran Canaria, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Palmitos Park, Yumbo Shopping Center and Amadores Beach.
- There are 3061 hotels and other accommodation options in Gran Canaria
- The closest major airport is in Las Palmas (LPA-Gran Canaria), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gran Canaria
Cultural venues in the city include Canarian Museum, Colon House Museum and Alfredo Kraus Auditorium. Families come for attractions such as Aqualand Maspalomas, Lago Taurito Water Park and Sioux City Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Maspalomas Lighthouse, Cathedral of Santa Ana and Plaza Espana.
Other favourite sights in Gran Canaria include Palmitos Park, Yumbo Shopping Center and Amadores Beach.
Dressing for Gran Canaria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 5 millimetres of rain falls on Gran Canaria each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C