Search Hotels in Esher
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2020
Visitors to Esher are sure to enjoy the bars, gardens and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Chessington World of Adventures, Hampton Court Palace and Brooklands Museum.
- You'll find 11843 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 16.7 mi (26.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Esher
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Sandown Park and Claremont Landscape Garden. Additionally, in the area you'll find Chessington World of Adventures and Hampton Court Palace.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Esher. Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bear Hotel - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Brooklands Museum, 4.6 mi/7.4 km from the city centre, and Mercedes-Benz World, which is 5.1 mi (8.2 km) away.
Getting around Esher
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Claygate Station, Hinchley Wood Station or Esher Station. Esher may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Esher
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Esher gets about 587 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C