Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 28 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 26 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Pocket Guide: Walton-on-Thames
Visiting Walton-on-ThamesVisitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, architecture, and bars in Walton-on-Thames. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its shopping, museums, and art.
- There are 2 Walton-on-Thames hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.9 mi (11 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Walton-on-Thames
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Royal Albert Hall, Buckingham Palace, and Brooklands Museum
- Attractions include Legoland, Chessington World of Adventures, and Thorpe Park
- Notable for its cathedrals and landmarks to visit including Windsor Castle, Big Ben, and Hampton Court Palace
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and places to visit include Royal Botanic Gardens, Battersea Park, and Kensington Gardens
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Harrods, Selfridges, and Westfield London Shopping Centre
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Twickenham Stoop Stadium, Twickenham Stadium, or Griffin Park Stadium
Getting around Walton-on-Thames
Walton-on-Thames has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Walton-On-Thames Station or Walton-on-Thames Hersham Station.
Staying in Walton-on-ThamesYou might like The Weir Hotel, averaging GBP 137.8 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is The Weir Hotel with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Walton-on-Thames
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Walton-on-Thames is 587 millimetres
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Walton-on-Thames?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Walton-on-Thames, will I receive a refund?
What are some hotels with pools in Walton-on-Thames?
Walton-on-Thames Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Walton-on-Thames by Star Rating
- Hotels near Walton-on-Thames Airports
- Accommodation near Walton-on-Thames Attractions
- More accommodation types in Walton-on-Thames
- Choose Your Walton-on-Thames Hotel Style
- Search Walton-on-Thames Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Walton-on-Thames
- Hotels Near Walton-on-Thames, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends