- Cairns Marlin Marina
- 3 min walk
- Esplanade Lagoon
- 5 min walk
- Reef Fleet Terminal
- 6 min walk
- Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.)
- 9 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:020 3564 4853
About this area
Reef Encounter is located in Cairns's Cairns Central Business District neighbourhood. Cairns Marlin Marina and Reef Fleet Terminal are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Cairns Central Shopping Centre and Cairns Night Markets. Esplanade Lagoon and ZOO To You HQ Wildlife Discovery Centre are also worth visiting.Visit our Cairns travel guide
- Cairns Marlin Marina - 3 min walk
- Esplanade Lagoon - 5 min walk
- Reef Hotel Casino - 5 min walk
- Reef Fleet Terminal - 6 min walk
- Cairns Night Markets - 8 min walk
- Cairns Station - 17 min walk
- Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) - 9 min drive
- Where to eat
- On-site dining venue – Ocean-view restaurant. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
About this property
Food and beverages
Special check-in instructions
- There is no front desk at this property. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property at least 24 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- The property is a ship at sea. Guests must take the Reef Experience catamaran from Cairns Marlin Marina, A Finger, to reach it. The catamaran begins boarding at 7:30 AM, with check-in and breakfast on board. It departs for the ship at 8 AM. You will check-out of your room at 9 AM, and arrive in Cairns is at 4:30 PM upon departure. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are available for AUD 50.00 per night.
Payment types at the property
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: AUD 15 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 50.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Reef Encounter Boat Cairns
- Reef Encounter Boat
- Reef Encounter Cairns
- Reef Encounter
- Reef Encounter Cruise
- Reef Encounter Cairns
- Reef Encounter Cruise Cairns
- Liked: Staff & service
- Disliked: Cleanliness, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Very overpriced trip. The yacht is very old. No cabin has lockers on the door - according to the stuff, that’s the policy on the boat. This mean that theoretically anyone can enter your room at any time. You can’t controll the conditioner in your room and in the dining area, it is freezing there. It’s a problem to get the fresh towel - you will be sent to use the only public dryer where everyone washed their stuff. The yacht has no shoe policy but the floor is pretty dirty. The wetsuits are literally tearing apart! I would say this is like a good friendly motel but they advertise and charge as 5 star hotel.