Visiting St Helens
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in St Helens, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars. Croxteth Hall and Country Park, DW Stadium and Wigan Pier are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 673 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 10 mi (16 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St Helens
The city's cultural venues include Citadel Arts Centre and St. Helens' World of Glass. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sherdley Park and Knowsley Road Stadium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in St Helens. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mercure St Helens (Now Open) - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ibis Styles Haydock - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Croxteth Hall and Country Park, located 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city centre, and DW Stadium, which is 6.7 mi/10.8 km away.
Getting around St Helens
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from St Helens Central Station, Thatto Heath Station or Lea Green Station. St Helens might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for St Helens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 858.30 millimetres of rain falls on St Helens each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C